Sweet Milk Cornbread (without Flour)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine the cornmeal, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- Stir together the egg, milk and vegetable oil.
- Combine cornmeal mixture with milk mixture, stirring just enough to moisten.
- Pour into hot, well-greased 9- or 10-inch skillet or pan, muffin tin or cornstick mold.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes for muffins or cornsticks, and 18 to 20 minutes for pan or skillet.
- Cornbread will begin to pull away from sides of pan when ready.
Note: If you like your cornbread really brown on top, you can run it under the broiler for a minute or so after it is baked. Also, if you have only white cornmeal in the house, do not despair. Cornbread made with white cornmeal doesn't look quite as "corny", but it tastes just about the same.
Total time: 30 Min
Take our virtual Cornbread Seminar and learn about cornbread and its many varieties.