Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin muffins are fun to make and serve during the holidays. These streusel-topped muffins are bursting with spices.
- Make the streusel topping. (This can be done the day before.)
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and orange peel.
- In a second bowl, combine pumpkin, butter, oil, eggs and molasses.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients. Add the pumpkin mixture and stir just until mixture is combined and dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in pecans.
- Grease two muffin tins (or use vegetable cooking spray). Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in tins for 5 minutes; then turn out muffins on wire racks.
- Makes 20 to 24 muffins.
NotesLightly toasting the pecans will make a big flavor difference. To toast pecans, spread them out on a baking sheet and toast at 350°F for 4 or 5 minutes, or until you begin to smell them.
This recipe can be varied by adding 1/2 to 1 cup of raisins, chopped dates, dried prunes or cherries. Honey can be substituted for the molasses.
Ready in: 1 Hr 30 Min