Pecan Cinnamon Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (see Note, below)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
- Combine the beaten egg, oil and milk in a separate bowl. Blend well. Add all at once to flour mixture, stirring just enough to moisten. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin-pan cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with butter and homemade jelly or jam.
Note: Lightly toasting the chopped pecans will make a big flavor difference in this or most any other dish. Spread them out on a baking sheet and toast at 350°F for 4 or 5 minutes, or until you begin to smell them.
Ready in: 4 Hrs