Los Barrios Spanish Rice
I found this in the excellent Los Barrios Family Cookbook, a collection of recipes from the people who run the Los Barrios restaurant in San Antonio. This spanish rice recipe is interesting because it contains no tomatoes. You'll find it to be great go-to side dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, until coated with butter.
- Add the carrots and the boullion broth, then add 4 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Increase the heat to high and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed, about 10 minutes longer.
- Makes 6 servings.
Ready in: 55 Min