Eggshell NautilusProduction: -
Walking on Eggshell
HLC created a new process for making dinnerware that was thinner and stronger than the product they had previously produced. The shapes and lines created in this process was termed Eggshell. The Eggshell glaze was crazeproof, meaning thst patterns would not tiny cracks as the glaze expanded over time.
The first shape produced using the Eggshell process was Nautilus. Often with floral designs and ivory borders, the Nautillus shape proved popular during its production run from 1937 to the mid-1950s.
Montgomery Ward offered Eggshell Nautilus in its 1938-39 Fall & Winter Catalog with the Daisey Field pattern. By 1944, they were offering the Rochelle, Aristocrat, Dresden, Bristol, Coronet and Gardenia patterns.
Eggshell Nautilus china pieces:
- Bowl, Cereal Lugged 6 3/4 inches
- Bowl, Cream Soup & Saucer Set
Bowl, 6 1/2 inches
Saucer, 7 3/8 inches
- Bowl, Fruit, 5 1/4 inches
- Bowl, Salad 9 5/8 inches
- Bowl, Soup with rim, 8 1/4 inches
- Bowl, Vegatable Oval, 9 1/4 inches
- Bowl, Vegetable Round, 8 1/2 inches
- Bowl, Vegetable Round Covered, 11 1/8 inches
- Cup & Saucer Set
Cup, 2 1/2 inches
Saucer, 5 5/8 inches
- Cup & Saucer Set, Demitasse
- Gravy / Sauce Boat
- Gravy / Sauce Boat with attached Underplate
- Gravy / Sauce Boat / Underplate / Relish, 9 inches
- Plate, Bread & Butter, 6 1/8 inches
- Plate, Dinner, 10 inches
- Plate, Salad 8 1/8 inches
- Plate, Salad Square, 7 7/8 inches
- Platter, Oval 11 5/8 inches
- Platter, Oval 13 5/8 inches
- Platter, Oval 15 3/4 inches
- Salt & Pepper Set (Swing Shape)
- Sugar Bowl with lid
- Teapot with lid
Below are all Eggshell Nautilus auctions, conveniently sorted by those ending soonest. Feel free to bookmark this convenient view, which displays the first 200 auctions at one glance.
Fiesta® is a registered trademark of the Homer Laughlin China Company, Newell WV. This website and its pages are not owned by Homer Laughlin China Company. We do not pretend to officially represent the Homer Laughlin China Company. They are the official experts - not us! We are simply enthusiastic collectors and fans of the china.