Eggshell GeorgianProduction: -
Walking on Eggshell
Homer Laughlin's 1937 product catalog offered seventy different decorations and patterns on their new Georgian shaped line. The elegant Eggshell finish is enhanced by a delicate embossment along the edge line along with a footed hollow build for lightness.
Frederic Rhead described the style as typically English, like the formal siver tableware during the reign of the four King Georges. World War II made it difficult to market traditional china from Europe and Asia, creating a large opportunity for a line such as Eggshell Georgian.
The 1945 Montgomery Ward catalog offered Cashmere, Viceroy, Monarch, Kingston and Rambler Rose.
Eggshell Georgian was produced from 1937 to approximately 1959.
The following pieces of Eggshell Georgian were produced:
- Bowl, Ceral Lugged, 6 3/8 inches
- Bowl, Cream Soup & Saucer Set
Bowl, 6 3/8 inches
Saucer, 7 1/8 inches
- Bowl, Fruit, 5 3/8 inches
- Bowl, Salad 9 3/4 inches
- Bowl, Soup with rim
- Bowl, Vegatable Oval (Baker), 9 3/8 inches
- Bowl, Vegatable Oval (Baker), 10 inches
Reported but unconfirmed
- Bowl, Vegatable Oval Covered, 10 7/8 inches
- Bowl, Vegetable Round (Nappy), 8 5/8 inches
- Bowl, Vegetable Round (Nappy), 9 5/8 inches
- Cup & Saucer Set
Cup, 2 1/4 inches
Saucer, 5 7/8 inches
- Cup & Saucer Set
Demitasse Cup, 2 1/8 inches
Saucer, 4 7/8 inches
- Gravy / Sauce Boat
- Gravy / Sauce Boat with attached Underplate (Fast Stand)
- Gravy / Sauce Boat / Underplate / Relish, 8 7/8 inches
- Gravy / Sauce Boat / Underplate / Relish, 9 1/4 inches
- Plate, 8 inches
- Plate, Bread & Butter, 6 1/4 inches
- Plate, Chop, 13 7/8 inches
- Plate, Dessert, 7 inches
- Plate, Dinner, 10 inches
- Plate, Luncheon, 9 inches
- Plate, Salad Square, 8 inches
- Platter, 11 3/4 inches
- Platter, 13 3/4 inches
- Platter, 15 5/8 inches
- Salt & Pepper Set
- Sugar Bowl with lid
- Teapot with lid
Below are all Eggshell Georgian auctions, conveniently sorted by those ending soonest. Feel free to bookmark this convenient view, which displays the first 200 auctions at one glance.
Fiesta® is a registered trademark of the Homer Laughlin China Company, Newell WV. This website and its pages are not owned by Homer Laughlin China Company. We do not pretend to officially represent the Homer Laughlin China Company. They are the official experts - not us! We are simply enthusiastic collectors and fans of the china.