Fresh Corn and Black Bean Salsa
A wonderful salsa to make in the season when fresh corn is abundant. Unseeded and with ribs removed, a fresh jalapeño adds a very special flavor and not a lot of heat.
- Put the corn in a small saucepan, barely covering it with water, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
- Combine corn with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to develop.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Makes about 4 cups.
Note: From the article Corn on the Fourth of July, featuring five fresh corn recipes. If good fresh corn is not available, use 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn. In our photograph, the salsa is photographed in the Scarlet Red Fiesta stacking cereal bowl.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 5 Min; Total time: 3 Hrs
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell