Cream of Pecan Soup
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and celery leaves and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and gradually add the chicken broth, stirring to incorporate flour.
- Add the soy sauce, nutmeg and ground pecans; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and simmer 5 minutes longer. Remove celery leaves and discard.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Makes 2 generous servings.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 30 Min; Total time: 45 minutes
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell