Zucchini Nut Bread (or Carrot Nut Bread)
Because you can never grow just a little zucchini! This aromatic quick-bread is addictive. I prefer using zucchini, but you can substitute carrot to make carrot nut bread.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- lightly grease two 4-1/2x8-1/2-inch loaf pans.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, soda, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are uniformly moistened.
- Divide batter between the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire racks.
Note: Carrot Nut Bread: To make carrot nut bread, substitute 2 cups of grated carrots for the shredded zucchini.
Ready in: 1 Hr 25 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell