White Fudge Frosting
- ⅔ cup butter (11 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon)
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the butter over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir in the milk, sugar and salt. Raise heat to medium, bring mixture to a full, rolling boil, and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and do not stir. Allow to cool. (Don't stir, now.)
- Without stirring, allow mixture to cool until the bottom of the pan is just barely warm. This may take some time, and don't cheat by putting it in the refrigerator.
- When mixture has cooled, begin beating. Use a portable electric mixer or beat by hand. Mixture will gradually begin to thicken over the course of 10 to 15 minutes. When mixture is noticeably thicker and just begins to lose its gloss, it's ready to spread. If it becomes too thick to spread, thin with a teaspoon of milk and mix well.
- Makes enough to frost and fill a two-layer cake.
Ready in: 35 Min
Kitchen tools you'll need for White Fudge Frosting:Electric Mixer, Rubber Spatula, Saucepan