White Fish with Cilantro Pesto
Any firm white fish such as Red Snapper, Orange Roughy, or even Cod can be used in this delicious, quick and healthful recipe.
- To make the pesto:
- Into the blender (or food processor) go the cilantro, oil and garlic.
- Pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Add the tomato and pulse just a few times -- the mixture should be chunky.
- Put the cilantro mixture in a bowl, and mix in the orange juice, vinegar, salt and pine nuts.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- The pesto is best if made just before you prepare the fish. In any case, it should be served at room temperature.
- For the fish:
- Sprinkle the fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, melt the oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the fillets.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side until they are opaque throughout and flake easily.
- Serve fillets topped with a spoonful of salsa.
Note: To toast pine nuts, heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and stir 6 to 8 minutes until they begin to brown.
Ready in: 21 Min