Watermelon Agua Fresca recipe
Summer heat getting to you? Break out the blender and make watermelon agua fresca, a deliciously nourishing drink from Mexico.
- In a large blender, combine half of the cut watermelon with one cup cold water. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly pour mixture through a strainer into a pitcher. Discard the solids.
- Repeat with remaining watermelon and one cup of cold water.
- You should have about 8 cups of juice.
- Add freshly squeezed juice from two limes, as well as one tablespoon of agave nectar.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with ice cubes, fresh mint and a lime wedge.
You can adjust the recipe to the size of your watermelon along with the sice of your serving pitcher.
Ready in: 2 Hrs