Very Chocolate Layer Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 8- or 9-inch cake pans.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, Crisco, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the sugar mixture alternately with the milk, and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes for 9-inch pans (or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean).
Bake 35 to 40 minutes for 8-inch pans.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Kitchen tools you'll need for Very Chocolate Layer Cake:8-inch or 9-inch Cake Pans, Electric Mixer, Mixing Bowls, Rubber Spatula, Sifter, Wire Cooling Racks
Buy Ghirardelli Premium Baking Chocolate, Gift Baskets, Candy
Ready in: 1 Hr