Texas Oven Brisket
This is an absolutely wonderful way to cook brisket, especially if you don't have access to a big smoker or barbecue pit or the deck or yard to put them on. The result is tender, juicy, succulent and flavorful. And it's practically foolproof. The wonderful aroma will fill your house and make you, and anyone else who comes along, impatient for it to get done. The long, slow cooking is essential.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a very large Pyrex baking dish (see notes below), thoroughly mix all ingredients for sauce.
- Put the brisket in the baking dish (fat side down), and turn it over once to coat it with the sauce. (Cook brisket with the fat side up so it remains nice and juicy during the cooking process.)
- Seal the dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 275°F for 5 to 7 hours (about 1 hour and 15 minutes per pound).
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 1 hour before slicing.
- Slice across the grain, and serve with sauce.
Note: Before you prepare the brisket, remove it from the refrigerator far enough ahead of time to allow it to come to room temperature.
Ready in: 6 Hrs 15 Min-8 Hrs 15 Min