Sweet Potato Casserole
This is one of the, if not the, ultimate sweet potato dishes. It is arguable as to whether it is a side dish or a dessert. Whatever it is, it's delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water for 30 to 45 minutes until they are tender and can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Allow to cool, then peel and mash.
- Combine the mashed sweet potatoes with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, the eggs, vanilla, half-and-half and melted butter.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread evenly in a buttered 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the remaining 1 cup of brown sugar with the flour, and cut in the 1/4 cup cold butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Toss mixture with chopped pecans, and sprinkle evenly over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, adding the marshmallows after 20 minutes.
Ready in: 1 Hr 15 Min-1 Hr 35 Min