Strawberry Coffee Cake
Mixing mashed fresh strawberries with the preserves make this coffee cake taste all strawberry jammy. Makes a large coffee cake that's great for serving lots of guests, or potlucks.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- With a pastry blender, mash the strawberries in a mixing bowl, and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Gradually add the sugar, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients, a little at a time, to creamed mixture, beating until blended. Batter will be stiff.
- Spread half of batter evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Combine preserves and lemon juice with the mashed strawberries. Spread mixture evenly over batter in pan.
- Dot remaining batter evenly over preserves.
- Combine the chopped pecans and brown sugar, and sprinkle over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center of cake.
Ready in: 55 Min
The serving dishes in our photograph are Fiesta dinnerware.