Spicy Marinated Shrimp
- Combine the water, salt and lemon halves in a Dutch oven, and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, stir, and boil gently for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Combine the vinegar, olive oil, chiles, cilantro and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag or other plastic container.
- Add the boiled shrimp, and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- To serve, drain liquid from shrimp.
- In a large bowl, combine chilled shrimp with additional cilantro, green onions and black pepper, and toss well.
- Arrange in a serving dish, and serve immediately.
Note: If you buy unpeeled shrimp, you will need about 4 pounds of unpeeled shrimp to equal 2 pounds of peeled shrimp.
Total time: 12 Hrs 25 Min
Read our article Hot Holiday Appetizers.