Sour Cream Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 packages yeast
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- Heat the sour cream slowly in a double boiler until it is light yellow around the edges.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Mix the butter, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Pour the sour cream over the butter mixture and cool to lukewarm.
- Blend in 1 cup flour.
- Add the yeast and another 1 cup flour and mix.
- Stir in the eggs and remaining flour.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into 4 parts and roll each part into a 1/4-inch thick circle.
- Cut each circle into 12 wedge-shaped pieces and roll each wedge from wide end toward the point.
- Place on greased baking sheet, point side down, and curve into crescents.
- Let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Ready in: 7 Hrs 15 Min