Son of a Gun Stew
Bet you a dollar you won't make this. This recipe appeared in a longer article from Patricia Mitchell featuring stew recipes.
- Cover the first eight ingredients with water in a large stock pot.
- Cook slowly for 6 to 7 hours until meat is done.
- Check occasionally and add water, if necessary.
- Stir the tomato paste into the beef broth and add to pot.
- Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Check seasonings and add salt and pepper, if desired.
Note: Marrow gut, by the way, is not part of the intestine. It is a milk-secreting tract found in calves. Your butcher should know but, like I say, you won't make this.
Ready in: 6-7 Hrs 25 Min