Sausage Queso Dip
Sausage Queso is easy, using just one skillet, and should appeal to anyone who likes sausage or cheese. From Sidney Carlisle's article on Super Bowl recipes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and set aside.
- Crumble the sausage into an ovenproof skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until the sausage is brown and no trace of pink remains.
- Remove from the skillet and drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- Drain any grease from the skillet and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Dump the sausage back into the skillet.
- Add the olives, picante sauce and cilantro and stir well.
- Sprinkle the two cheeses over the top of the mixture.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
- Place the tortillas in the oven.
- Bake the queso about 10 minutes more, until the cheese is bubbly.
- To serve, spoon the queso onto warm tortillas and eat while hot.
Note: Sausage Queso may be served with tortilla chips, but it's much better spooned onto hot flour tortillas. It's a versatile recipe and fun to serve at a party. It will also serve four when something fast is needed for dinner.
Ready in: 35 Min