Quick Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square or round pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until mixture is consistency of coarse meal.
- Stir in the pecans, and set aside.
- Sift together the sifted flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in large bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add the shortening and milk.
- Blend at low speed for 2 minutes, and at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour not quite half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle two-thirds of the pecan mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Pour the remaining batter into the pan, and sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Ready in: 50-55 Min