Pumpkin Pudding Cake
Not exactly a cake or a pudding, this scrumptious pumpkin dessert will have folks begging you for the recipe -- just like I begged it from a fellow employee when he brought his wife's creation to the office. This is an all-round fantastic dessert. It transports extremely well, and is delicious warm or cold.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom of a 9x13-inch pan or dish.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, mix together the cake mix (less the reserved 1 cup), 1 egg and 1 stick of the butter. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, 3 eggs, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of the white sugar and milk. Mix well and pour in an even layer over the cake mix layer.
- In a small bowl, mix together the reserved 1 cup cake mix, 1/2 stick butter and 1/2 cup white sugar. Sprinkle evenly over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over all.
- Bake for 1 hour and test for doneness with a toothpick. If toothpick does not come out clean, return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Note: Make this is a 9z13 dish and take to work for a holiday potluck.
Ready in: 1 Hr 40 Min