Peanut Brittle Cookies
Don't bother with a cookie cutter. Break these cookies apart just like peanut brittle. This recipe can be doubled easily.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift together the sifted flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg, mixing well. Gradually add the flour mixture and the 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts. Mix well.
- Pat out the dough on a greased baking sheet to a 14x10-inch rectangle. Brush dough with the remaining beaten egg. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup peanuts evenly over the dough and gently press them into the surface of the dough.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Before cookies are cool, break into pieces.
- Makes about 2 dozen medium-size cookies.
Ready in: 40 Min