Oatmeal Drop Cookies
This outstanding oatmeal cookie recipe calls for dates instead of the usual raisins. You can use raisins if you want to, but dates will give you an exceptional result.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a cookie sheet.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Stir in the oatmeal.
- With an electric mixer at high speed, cream together the butter, vanilla and brown sugar. Add the egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dates and pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 425°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Ready in: 30 Min