Mexican Wedding Cookies
There's a good reason that these cookies have been around for a long time. It isn't because of their appearance; they look fairly ordinary. And they don't have a lick of chocolate in them. But homemade Mexican Wedding Cookies are not only delicious, but pretty easy to put together. This recipe's a keeper.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, shortening and 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Gradually add the flour and salt. Use the mixer for the first cup of flour, and then work in the remaining cup of flour and the finely chopped pecans by hand with a wooden spoon. Dough will be stiff.
- Form dough into balls (1 level tablespoon each). Place on an ungreased baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Bake at 325°F on middle oven rack until light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, place the remaining cup of confectioner's sugar in a shallow dish. Roll the cookies in sugar to coat completely.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Ready in: 50 Min