Louise's Italian Coconut Frosting
This frosting is so delicious people will be asking you for the recipe. I know. That's how I got the recipe; I asked Louise.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar (plus more as needed)
- 1 cup shredded coconut, packed (divided)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- milk, as needed
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar (takes about 5 minutes).
- To achieve the spreading consistency you desire, you may need to add 2 to 3 tablespoons milk and 1 to 1-1/2 cups additional confectioners' sugar.
- Stir in 3/4 cup coconut and 3/4 cup pecans.
- Frost and fill the cake, and sprinkle the top with the reserved coconut and pecans.
Ready in: 10 Min