This is an outstanding appetizer. Cut it into thin wedges, put it on your buffet table, and watch it disappear.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly grease the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Pour the melted butter over the crushed tortilla chips and toss to combine. Press on bottom and one-half inch up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- With an electric mixer at high speed, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat to incorporate. Reduce mixer speed to low, and blend in the flour, 1 cup of the sour cream. Beat until smooth. Add the garlic, green chiles and minced jalapeño. Turn off the mixer, and stir in the cheese.
- Pour filling into crust, and bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off, and leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour with the door closed. Remove from oven and cool. When cool, loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a knife around the inside edge. Do not remove cheesecake from pan. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, spring the pan and remove the cheesecake. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream evenly over the top and sprinkle with chopped tomatoes, green onions, olives and cilantro.
Ready in: 2 Hrs