Fresh Peach Crisp
Ripe, fresh peaches are one of nature's special gifts. It's a shame to let peach season get away without enjoying this luscious fruit. Peach Crisp is an easy way to indulge yourself, and our recipe is a good one. Serve it warm, with or without a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you'll be happy.
- 8 medium fresh peaches (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking dish or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place the peach slices in the baking dish.
- Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl, and stir well. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until mixture is the consistency of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over the peaches.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Note: Here's an easy way to peel those peaches: Make a very small slit at the stem end of each peach. Then drop them into a pot of rapidly boiling water for one to two minutes (about 1-1/2 minutes is right for medium-size peaches). Remove the peaches with a slotted spoon and put them directly into a container of very cold water. After a few minutes, you can begin peeling, and the skins will easily peel off. Use the slit you made at the stem end as a starting point. Since this recipe calls for eight peaches, you might do two at a time.
Ready in: 1 Hr 15 Min