Dr Pepper Moist Supper Cake
Bring this cake out after supper. A tasty chocolate cake that you'll find yourself snacking on.
- Pour the Dr Pepper over the oats, stir and let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cream shortening, add the sugars gradually and cream well. Add eggs, beating until mixture is fluffy. Sift flour with salt, soda and nutmeg. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well. Add oatmeal mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a 9x9x2-inch pan, greased and floured. Bake at 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Remove from oven. Spread topping over hot cake and place under the broiler. Broil until bubbly and lightly brown. Serve warm.
- Bake cake in a 9-inch x 13-inch pan. I did, however, decrease the baking time to 25 minutes, at which point it tested done.
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light cream (half-and-half)
- 1 cup grated coconut
Even with the increased size of the cake, the Broiled Frosting recipe was large enough to accommodate.
Note: The Broiled Frosting is a great topper to this cake.
Note: Originally in our article, cooking with Dr. Pepper.
Ready in: 1 Hour 15 Minutes