Layered Coconut Chocolate Cheesecake
Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut© is a wonderful, versatile product. This cheesecake recipe is a fine example of what can be done with a few basic ingredients and a can of Coco Lopez.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the eggs and flour, beating until smooth. Gradually beat in the Coco Lopez. Remove 1-1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture to a medium mixing bowl. Stir the melted chocolate into the reserved mixture. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan.
- Slowly pour the remaining cheese mixture over the chocolate layer, and swirl with the tip of a knife, if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour or until firm around the edges and still soft in the center. Turn off oven, and leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Carefully loosen top of the cheesecake from the edge of the pan with a knife. Cool. Chill thoroughly, and remove side of pan. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Looking for Coco Lopez? Get it inexpensively here.