Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you've ever wondered what's a good use for those candied cherries that show up at the grocery stores around the holidays, here it is!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, the sugars and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and then stir in the chocolate chips, nuts and fruit.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely on baking sheet. Garnish with whole cherries.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Note: We used Pennant Red Cherries and Pennant Green Cherries for this recipe. If you can't find them locally, you can buy them year-round from Amazon.
Ready in: 30 Min