Caraway Scones with Lemon Butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flower, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender, fork or two knives (whatever works best for you) until mixture is consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the caraway seeds.
- Add the beer and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Knead the dough a few times until it is smooth.
- Pat dough into an 8-inch round.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges.
- Carefully transfer wedges to the baking sheet with a spatula, placing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Brush tops lightly with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on pan 5 minutes, then remove and cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with Lemon Butter.
Lemon ButterCombine 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) softened butter, 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning (optional).
Ready in: 38 Min