- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square Pyrex baking dish.
- Combine the blueberries, water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and nutmeg in a small mixing bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until mixture is consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle dry mixture evenly over blueberry mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Ready in: 50 Min