Chocolate fans will appreciate this blond brownie, even if you use the butterscotch chip version. They're irresistible.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of an 9x13-inch pan or Pyrex dish.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together, then beat in the eggs and vanilla and blend well. With mixer running at low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan or baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the blondies comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.
Note: Try substituting butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips. If you want to make these blondies extra special, toast the pecans in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then let them cool.
Ready in: 50 Min