Banana Chocolate Chunk Cake
A great, no-fuss cake that will disappear in no time.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- At medium speed of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and sour cream.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and chocolate. Add to butter mixture alternately with the mashed banana, stirring just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for about 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on rack.
- Beat the softened butter until fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners sugar and melted chocolate, beating until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cooled cake.
- Makes one cake
This recipe is from Patricia Mitchell's larger article about banana desserts.
Ready in: 50 Min