Banana Buttermilk Bread
This is a banana bread recipe that does not use eggs, but instead relies on buttermilk as the emulsifier. The result is a sweet-tasting, light bread. This recipe makes two loaves, each baked in an a 8x4 loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and lightly grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt, and set aside. In a mixer, cream the butter with the sugar.
- Add the mashed bananas and buttermilk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the batter into two greased and floured 8x4 loaf pans. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire rack. Wrap tightly for storage. This bread freezes well.
- Makes 2 loaves.
Total time: 1 Hr