Banana Nut Bread
Banana Nut Bread falls into the comfort food category. It's loved by just about everyone and, since bananas are available throughout the year, you may already have the main ingredient. The rest of the ingredients are probably in your kitchen now. Our recipe yields a buttery, pecan-topped 8x4-inch loaf. You may want to buy another pan and double the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and lightly grease or spray with baking spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a small bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of the chopped pecans and set aside. Stir the remaining pecans into the flour mixture.
- Beat the butter at medium-high speed until fluffy. Gradually add the sugars with the mixer running until they are incorporated. Add the egg, vanilla and mashed banana, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- At low speed of the mixer, add the flour mixture and beat just until batter is uniformly moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle top with reserved chopped pecans. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire rack.
- Makes 1 loaf
Ready in: 1 Hr 10 Min