Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake
These biscuits are absolutely wonderful for accompanying any meal, but if made one-third or one-quarter size (watch them carefully in the oven), they are a terrific little appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Make a hot water bath by setting the springform pan in a larger pan. Holding down the springform pan so it doesn't float, fill the larger pan with enough hot water to come one inch up the side of the smaller pan. Then remove the springform pan and set aside the larger pan of water while you prepare and bake the crumb crust. (The water will cool somewhat, but that's okay.)
- Pulverize the Oreos in a food processor or with any handy blunt object to make 1-1/2 cups of crumbs. (Don't overdo it; you want Oreo crumbs -- not Oreo dust.) Add the melted butter to the crumbs, mix to incorporate, and press mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Bake for 9 minutes, then remove and cool while mixing the cheesecake.
- Stir together the sugar and cornstarch in the bowl of an electric mixer until combined. Add the cream cheese and blend, at medium speed, until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Melt the chocolate chips for a few seconds in the microwave, then stir in the vanilla extract and the Baileys until mixture is smooth. Add the mixture to the cheese mixture and blend well, scraping down the sides of the mixer bowl as needed.
Baking the Cheesecake
- Pour batter into the cooled Oreo crust, and place the pan into the prepared water bath. Place pan in the middle of the oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 250°F.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cheesecake to cool completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then "spring" the pan and remove your masterpiece. Keep refrigerated until serving time.
Ready in: 2 Hrs
Kitchen tools you'll need for Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake:Electric Mixer, Sheetcake Pan, Springfoam Pan.