Baby Back Ribs
You don't have to go out for baby backs anymore. Make them on your own grill.
- Combine the olive oil with the dry ingredients to make a smooth paste. Rub over the ribs, and wrap tightly in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Allow ribs to stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before you put them on the grill.
- Cook the ribs in a covered charcoal or gas grill using the indirect heat method at 300°F (if your grill has a thermometer).
- Grill 1-1/2 to 2 hours, turning once, until very tender (meat will shrink back from the ends of the bones).
- Remove ribs from the grill, set on a baking sheet and cover tightly with foil. Place in a warm oven (200°F) for 30 minutes before serving.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chilies with adobo sauce, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
If you want to glaze the ribs with the sauce, begin basting ribs with the sauce after 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes to coat both sides, until ribs are done.
Remove finished ribs to a baking sheet, cover tightly with foil and place in warm oven for 30 minutes before serving.
Ready in: 2 Hr 20 Min