Filled with raisins and pecans, the applesauce in this bread turns it all into a sliced tasty treat. It bakes nicely in a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and lightly grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, and set aside. Combine applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, egg and melted butter. Mix well.
- Fold in the pecans and raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire rack. Wrap tightly for storage. This bread freezes well.
- Makes 1 loaf.
Ready in: 1 Hr 30 Min