Apple Coffee Cake
This cake is just right for brunch, but is also a nice addition to any fall menu. This recipe is from Sidney Carlisle's article titled Waffles for Brunch.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Cream the butter on medium speed of mixer. Gradually add the sugar, mixing well. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla, mixing well. Batter will be thick.
- Use a spoon to stir in the apples, coconut and pecans.
- Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes, until a wooden pick or cake tester comes out clean. Do not over-bake.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and invert onto a wire rack. Drizzle with icing while the cake is still slightly warm.
- Makes one cake.
Apple Vanilla Icing
- Combine 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons apple juice and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl.
- Stir until smooth and drizzle over the coffee cake.
Ready in: 1 Hr 5 Min