Texas Strip Steak Nachos
We got this nacho recipe from the fun Cowboy Cocktails book by Grady Spears. The tender pieces of strip steak perfectly complement the crunchy tortilla chips and smooth-tasting jack cheese. Instead of using beef, Spears suggests making these nachos using leftover pork asado.
- Prepare and light the grill, preheating it to medium high.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, chile powder, sugar and cumin.
- Rub the seasoning mixture into the steaks with your hands.
- Grill steaks three to four minutes each side, or until medium rare.
- While cooked steak rests, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Distribute the cheese evenly over the chips.
- Slice the steak into diagonal strips and arrange atop the cheese-covered chips.
- Add jalapeños on top.
- Place in oven and bake four to five minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with sliced avocado and dollops of sour cream.
Note: Try our recipe for basic bean and cheese nachos.
Ready in: 1 Hr 30 Min