Dr Pepper Tacos
For years, people have asked for a taco recipe using Dr Pepper. It's a great marinade for flank steak with flavor hints of Texas' own Dr Pepper. Grill the steak over high heat, and then slice it to create a taco platter for a party or tailgate. The avocado sour cream and pico de gallo are perfect complements.
- In a large bowl, combine the Dr Pepper, garlic cloves and cinnamon sticks. Add the flank steak and cover with plastic wrap for at least twelve hours. Let marinate in the refrigerator.
- Prepare and light the grill, turning heat to medium high. Remove the flank steak from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with grill blend.
- Grill the steak for three to four minutes or so on each side. Flank steak should typically be medium rare, otherwise it gets tough. Remove from grill and let rest for four or five minutes, covered loosely with foil.
- Slice the steak across the grain (right angles) into ½-inch slices, or thinner.
- Serve hot with tortillas, along with avocado sour cream and fresh pico de gallo.
NotesBe sure to cook over high heat, as this caramelizes the sugar from the Dr Pepper.
Ready in: 50 Min