Bone-in Rib Eye Steaks
We like to marinade ours in a bourbon-based marinade before cooking. Your tastes may vary.
- Rub the steaks on both sides with olive oil.
- Preheat stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Put the steaks on the plate, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the steaks in the pan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over and top each steak with 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 thyme sprigs, letting the butter melt over the steaks.
- Cook, basting the steaks with the melted butter, for an additional 5 to 7 minutes more for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer the steaks to a platter and discard the thyme sprigs. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 2 to 4.
Ready in: 40 Min
Kitchen tools you'll need for Bone-in Rib Eye Steaks:Mixing Bowls, Oval Platters, Skillets