- OMAHA STEAKS OFFER: Up To 60% Off Select Combos + Free Shipping
- Enjoy Great Savings from Free Catalogs
Clothing, Wine & Brew, Invitations,
Wedding, Hobbies & Crafts
Today's newsletter features one of our more exotic cookie recipes - it uses macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Oooh la la!
If you want to read our previous Recipe of the Week newsletters, I have been making them available from a new page on our website. Look here!
Enjoy this Texas Cooking recipe and have a great week!
You are reading our Recipe of the Week newsletter. In 2018 our main monthly newsletter will feature brand new recipes that we add to the TexasCooking.com website. If you do not already receive our monthly newsletter, subscribe here.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- scant 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped (or 6-ounce package white chocolate pieces)
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts broken into halves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter, both sugars, egg and vanilla at high speed until fluffy, stopping once to scrape down sides of bowl, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate and nuts.
- Mound dough by 1/3 cupfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet, spacing about 3 inches apart.
- Bake until light brown around the edges, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
The serving dishes in our photograph are Fiesta dinnerware.
Lone Star List
Important Texas stuff this week:
- A Sweet Pea Chef: Easy Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, Pie Crust Porn, Inspired By Charm Peanut Butter Sheet Cake recipe, ATX Foodies: My Ontario Trip in Pictures, The Smoking Ho reviews Playing with Fire by Michael Symon, Imperial Sugar: Star Spangled Cheesecake, Ginger Casa: No Bake Mini Strawberry Lemonade Cheesecakes, Tag Sale Tastes: Bunny Snack Mix.
- Events!! 6th Annual Houston BBQ Festival Sunday April 15 1pm to 4pm, Galveston Food & Wine Festival returns on April 20-21, New "Taco Fest" festival in downtown San Antonio coming April 14 at La Villita. 2018 is San Antonio's official 300th birthday! Keep up with events for their tricentennial at 300 San Antonio.
- Fort Worth Weekly: Taco Hunting Season in Fort Worth
- Homesick Texan: Coffee and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham recipe
- Texas Monthly: Life after Fixer Upper - On saying goodbye to a cultural phenomenon.
- Addie Broyles: 10 Things to Make with Hard Boiled Eggs (that are not Deviled Eggs or Egg Salad)
- Austin Chronicle: Austin's Fareground Food Court has something for every palate.
- Food 52: What Is the Best Way to Wash Dishes?.
- Cookbook Review: Hard Core Carnivore by Jess Pryles --- Buy the book on Amazon
New Cookbooks We're Reading
- The Austin Cookbook: Recipes and Stories from Deep in the Heart of Texas
by Paula Forbes
What's up in the world of BBQ?
- BraveTart: Iconic American Desserts
by Stella Parks - "connects the dots between your childhood treats and digs into the storied pasts of American favorites, such as cream pies, vanilla wafers, peanut brittle and even Reese's Peanut Butter Cups." - Addie Broyles / Austin American-Statesman
- What's a Zucchini? And Other Questions Americans Once Asked - The Food Explorer: The True Adventures of the Globe-Trotting Botanist Who Transformed What America Eats
by Daniel Stone
- TMBBQ: Much-Anticipated Loro Is Open: This Bite Sums It Up - The bavette, or flank steak, exemplifies Aaron Franklin and Tyson Cole’s ambitious collaboration.
- Saveur: How Pittsburgh's Famous Sandwich Became its Most Beloved Fake News
- MySA: Hemisfair Plans Big Birthday Bash - San Antonio Magazine: Hemisfair: Gathering Place World's Fair park roars to life again for the city and the world.
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram: Will Pioneer Tower at the Will Rogers complex ever shine again? Some hope so.
- Houstonia: The Beauty and Art of Houston’s Taco Trucks
- Caller Times: The Best Food Trucks in Corpus Christi
- The Rise in Self-Proclaimed Time Travelers
- Texas Standard's growing collection of people's stories about Texas boots.
- Where in Texas to get the best wildflower photos this spring.
- Texas Parks & Wildlife: Explore Texas State Parks this Spring.
- What to do this weekend? Visit a Farmer's Market! COMPLETE LIST OF FARMERS MARKETS IN TEXAS
Texas Storm Chasers on YouTube - April 1, 2018 - this is something else!
Request a Free Garden Catalog
Texas Cooking's monthly newsletter showcases new articles, reviews and recipes on the site. Follow our columns about cooking, Texas trivia and other Texas news as well in this informative email.
Sign up here.
Unsubscribe from the Recipe of the Week Newsletter