Lapis Fiesta® (Post 1986)Lapis Fiesta Production: - current
In the Lapis of Luxury
Homer Laughlin announced in March, 2013 a striking blue color to its Fiesta Dinnerware line, Lapis. Lapis is an ancient semi-precious gem stone mined in Asia, and has been used in jewelry since times of ancient Egypt. Cleopatra allegedly wore a lapis scarab when she was rolled out of the carpet to meet Julius Caesar.
In the company's press release, HLC suggested a variety of color combinations with the new color.
- Bright and Sunny: Lapis, Cobalt, Peacock, Turquoise, Lemongrass, Sunflower
- High Fashion: Lapis, Flamingo, Tangerine
- Citrus: Lapis, Sunflower, Lemongrass, Tangerine, Flamingo, accents of Ivory
- Southwest: Lapis, Sunflower, Turquoise, Cobalt, Paprika, accents of Black, Ivory
- Americana: Lapis, Cobalt, Scarlet, White, accents of Plum
- Mediterranean: Lapis, Ivory, Paprika, Tangerine, Turquoise, accents of Black
- Retro Chic: Lapis, Flamingo, Black, Turquoise, accents of Sunflower, Tangerine
- Sophisticated Cools: Lapis, Cobalt, Peacock, Ivory, accents of Plum
Fiesta collectors shouldn't need to roll their Lapis Fiesta up into carpet fabrics. The dishwater safe, lead-free china has already racked up high sales since it's first days on sale at Macys.com. You can also look for more Lapis Fiesta in the up-to-date listing of eBay auctions on this page.
Fiesta® is a registered trademark of the Homer Laughlin China Company, Newell WV. This website and its pages are not owned by Homer Laughlin China Company. We do not pretend to officially represent the Homer Laughlin China Company. They are the official experts - not us! We are simply enthusiastic collectors and fans of the china.