White Fudge Frosting
- Melt the butter over low heat in a heavy saucepan. Stir in the milk, sugar and salt. Raise heat to medium, bring mixture to a full, rolling boil, and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and do not stir. Allow to cool. (Don't stir, now.)
- Without stirring, allow mixture to cool until the bottom of the pan is just barely warm. This may take some time, and don't cheat by putting it in the refrigerator.
- When mixture has cooled, begin beating. Use a portable electric mixer or beat by hand. Mixture will gradually begin to thicken over the course of 10 to 15 minutes. When mixture is noticeably thicker and just begins to lose its gloss, it's ready to spread. If it becomes too thick to spread, thin with a teaspoon of milk and mix well.
- Makes enough to frost and fill a two-layer cake.
Prep time: 10 Min; Cooking time: 5 Min; Total time: 35 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Butter Pecan Layer Cake & Frosting
- Favorite Chocolate Layer Cake & Frosting
- Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Louise's Italian Coconut Cake & Frosting
- Making Cakes with Chef Jennifer Farmer
- Red Velvet Cake and the Great Neiman Marcus Cookie Hoax
- Texas Sheet Cake: Hospitality in a Cake