Whipped Cream Filling or Topping
This is a basic whipped cream filling that is delicious as is or dressed up with fresh fruit.
- This will whip up and come together quicker and better if all ingredients, as well as the bowl used for whipping, are chilled.
- Put the vanilla and cream in the bowl of an electric mixer (or a bowl with high sides if you're using a hand mixer).
- Begin beating the cream, adding the sugar a tablespoon at a time.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Do not overbeat or you'll make butter.
Note: Makes enough to fill a 3-layer cake, or to fill and top a 2-layer cake.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 0 Min; Total time: 15 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Butter Pecan Layer Cake & Frosting
- Favorite Chocolate Layer Cake & Frosting
- Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Louise's Italian Coconut Cake & Frosting
- Making Cakes with Chef Jennifer Farmer
- Red Velvet Cake and the Great Neiman Marcus Cookie Hoax
- Texas Sheet Cake: Hospitality in a Cake