Turkey Frame Soup
The perfect after-Thanksgiving recipe for anyone who cannot abide wasting perfectly good food. This soup freezes well, too.
- Break the turkey carcass into pieces and place in a dutch oven or stock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 hours.
- Remove bones and allow broth to cool.
- Remove turkey meat from bones and reserve.
- Discard the bones.
- Strain the broth and discard vegetables and seasonings.
- To the broth, add noodles or rice and cook until almost tender.
- Then add vegetables of your choice and cook until tender.
- Add the reserved turkey meat and season to taste.
Note: This seems like a lot of trouble, but I guarantee you that this soup is like nothing you will ever get out of a can. Also, we have a full article on what to do with turkey leftovers.
Total time: 3 Hrs 15 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell