Cooked in a skillet, this filling dish is great for incorporating leftovers, particularly turkey. This recipe is from a larger article on comfort food casseroles.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, place the potatoes and enough water to cover and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Add carrots to saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are almost fork-tender.
- In a nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add potatoes, carrots, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes until browned.
- Stir in turkey and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheese.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 1 minute, or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Prep time: 10 Min; Cooking time: 40 Min; Total time: 50 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell